the gregarious homebody


Sunday, May 18, 2008

No More Hills=Success!



I've cleared another hurtle in this running thing I've got going on. 4 minutes of running/2 minutes of walking, only 1 or 2 minutes of feeling like I'm going to either crap my pants or throw up. Success!! I found the secret. No hills. And although I know there are going to be some hills in the 5K I'm running in *gulp* less than a month, I think it makes more sense to actually get to the point that I'm running for 3 miles no matter what the terrain than get myself bogged down running a more accurate-to-the-race course.

And, for all you runners reading this, if this does NOT make sense, I don't want to hear it.

Thanks, Finny, for your encouraging words about my feeling like a poopy pants lard ass old lady. I can't wait to read how you rocked your half-marathon yesterday. And I know you did.

One thing this running thing is good for besides clearer skin and tighter butt cheeks is clearing my head a bit before challenging experiences. We're off to NY today for a family birthday, so I'm glad I got a run in beforehand.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails