the gregarious homebody


Thursday, October 2, 2008

I Really Tried


..to watch the VP debate tonight. I did. I stuck with it for a good ten minutes. Sarah Palin didn't sound stupid (and after seeing snippets of those Katie Couric interviews I was really prepared for a serious Cringe Fest). Joe Biden sounded fine. Both, however, reminded me of what I hate about politics--the politicking!!


I don't believe anyone of any kind of intelligence can listen to A Politician and say yes! He/she is totally genuine. Both parties spin everything to get their agenda across as The One. And both candidates were really guilty, in just 10 minutes, of evading the question they were asked.


And after my 10 minutes of patriotism, I switched over to the Fox Reality channel for something really entertaining --America's Trashiest Weddings. Watching some dude get married (wearing camoflauge) to his "huntress" in a tree stand just seemed more real.

7 comments:

Jules said...

THANK YOU. I've been reading some people in blog land who are hero worshiping and until you posted this I was beginning to think I was the only one wearing bullshit-blocker lenses.

jen said...

I know! I sincerely wish one of them made me feel like I was With Them. Ugh. I can't wait until this is over.

Anonymous said...

hahaha love this.

I watched it but wasn't overly impressed with either if I am honet.

jen said...

I know. Me too! I wish I could get excited for once about someone running.

The Handsome Husband said...

I actually watched the debate. I don't like her, but I think Palin actually held her own. That doesn't mean that I am going to vote for McCain.

Also, can someone please teach this woman how to pronounce the word NUCLEAR. Was George Bush her english tutor??

jen said...

You are so right, my husband (and why am I talking to you via my blog when you're upstairs?). I almost crapped/vomitted the first time I heard her say NUCULAR. It was the last nail in her coffin.

Sneaky Chic said...

Completely agree with you Jen and Jules...and handsome husband regarding Nuclear.

The hero worshiping is outrageous. Do people really believe all the garbage that comes out of politicians mouths? The scary part is, I think a lot of them do...

Too bad for America. :(

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails