the gregarious homebody


Monday, May 16, 2011

A Very Quick True Story


One weekend a loooong time ago, before cell phones and facebook and blogs,  HH and I were house-sitting for his sister in NYC.  After an evening out we went to bed.  HH went to sleep and I stayed up watching a naked talk show or something on channel J.  Remember Channel J??  This was before we had 10000 channels, people.  Channel J was exotic.

Anyway, I'm watching, slightly embarrassed about HH waking up and catching me when suddenly he sits straight up in bed, looks at me with a huge smile on his face and exclaims

"I feel like a pair of 
freshly-painted airplane wings!"

The man was still asleep.  I know because I asked him if he was and he said "Uh-huh!" with the same glee in his voice.  


After I told him to go back to sleep he did.  Simple as that.  I sat there wishing we weren't alone and wishing it wasn't 3 am so I could call someone to tell them.

HH woke up the next morning with no memory of having said anything but feeling strangely refreshed.

Dreams are weird.

2 comments:

Sarndra said...

Lol first laugh I've had today, thanks Jen :-D
I came to respond to your question about the cake tray stand on my blog post about organising kitchens. cant find them anymore- but am stil trying. sometimes these stores rotate products in and out, so they may surface again one day.
this is what i wrote after your comment (in case u havent been back, i was late to respond :-))

Hi Jen,
I've been looking in Howard's storage world website for the cake tin holders but I cant find them anymore. Perhaps they no longer stock them. I will have a look next time I'm in the store. But I would ask at an organising shop if they have cake tin/ platters/ oven tray stands with a grip base. These ones in my photo have 6 sections. Good luck- I hope you find them.

I like your blog! i'll be back :>

jen said...

Thanks, Sarndra! I'm sure I can find them somewhere here---I just never thought of using something like that for anything but pot lids so thanks for the idea! I've already bookmarked your blog so I will be back (and to your MIL's!).

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails