the gregarious homebody


Sunday, June 1, 2008

:o(

My running morale is at an all-time low. I've gotten to the 5-minute mark--hell, I've even run for 7 minutes straight--but I'm having trouble consistently completing a 2 1/2 mile run. How am I ever going to run for the whole 5K?

Today I felt like I was going to barf after I got to my halfway mark so I walked. I started to run again but I think I had comvinced myself that I was indeed going to barf so I stopped again. Maybe it's time I got a running buddy. I've been quick to stop lately and if I'm honest with myself, I'm not sure if I'm really needing to stop or if I'm just being a baby. While I was running today I was even entertaining the idea of just not showing up for the 5K since there's no way I can do it. How's that for motivational thinking??

Nieghbor Bob said he'd run the 5K with me. Maybe the thought of me looking like a dork in front of him by walking some if it will spur me on to do it that day. I think I need some peer pressure.

4 comments:

Sneaky Chic said...

I feel that way a lot when I am on the treadmill. I think I get bored or something. I always stop running and start walking before I hit a mile. My body could keep going, but my MIND makes me stop. I think it is all mental. Whenever I focus completely on something else, I do much better.

You can totally do this.

jen said...

Thanks so much for the encouraging words!! I'm MAKING myself do it because I think Me and Myself wouldn't talk to each other if I didn't.

Stay tuned. The race is next week!

v8grrl said...

you can do it!!
I used the couch to 5k plan...even withstood the crap music he uses. I now can run 5k...still don't care for running but I put on my big girl panties 2 days a week and do it.

m

jen said...

V8grrl, who is this "couch" of which you speak? Oh, and thanks for the encouragement! I need it!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails