Stole this from Blackbird via Domestic Ali. Please feel free to join in.
1)Copy this list into your blog or journal, including these instructions.
2) Bold all the items you have eaten.
3) Cross out any items that you would never consider eating.
4) Optional extra: Post a comment here at Very Good Taste linking to your results.
1. Venison - Yes. A loooong time ago. A "steak" marinated in pineapple. Weird.
2. Nettle tea - nope
3. Huevos rancheros -YUM. Haven't made it in awhile.
4. Steak tartare - Only when I taste my meatloaf mix. To me, it's like sushi but much less impressive. I go to restaurants to pay a lot for cooked food.
5. Crocodile -
6. Black pudding - Haven't but would like to. I'm thinking if I like rarish steaks, why not some blood sausage?
7. Cheese fondue - Our New Year's Eve ritual.
8. Carp - Excuse me, but isn't this what's in my neighbor's pond?
9. Borscht - Yep. At a great place on the lower East side. The real thing.
10. Baba ghanoush -YES! One of my favorite dips. Delish when you cook the eggplant on the grill. Extra smokilicious!
11. Calamari - Love it fried just right with spicy marinara (good bar food).
12. Pho - It's my new chicken soup! So long Jewish penicillin! It makes me feel like I'm doing something good for my insides and it's delicious (Bethlehemites, go to Pho Vung Tau and get the number 9)
13. PB&J sandwich - Duh.
14. Aloo gobi -Not yet. LOVE Indian food.
15. Hot dog from a street cart - You gotta have a dirty water dog at least ONCE in your life if you go to NYC.
16. Epoisses - Huh?
17. Black truffle - Sadly, no. Although actually something so expensive that is a fungus annoys me.
18. Fruit wine made from something other than grapes - Hello, Boone's Farm?!
19. Steamed pork buns - One of my favorite dum sum items. Delicious as Christmas Dinner for (nonkosher) Jews!
20. Pistachio ice cream - It was my favorite as a child. That and "French" vanilla. I think I liked them both because they had ghastly amounts of food coloring in them.
21. Heirloom tomatoes -Yup.
22. Fresh wild berries -I must have...did I?
23. Foie gras - I tried it once at my most expensive restaurant meal ever. I HATE liver, but this was delicious. However, I found it was soooooo rich that I couldn't eat more than a tiny bit (and this is usually never a problem for me).
24. Rice and beans - Of course. Excellent cheap student food. AND delicious!
25. Brawn, or head cheese - Ugh. No. C'mon people, it has "head" in its name!
26. Raw Scotch Bonnet pepper - OUCH! Yes. Once time in college I made little homemade pizzas and one of them was going to be spicy so I cut up Scotch Bonnets without gloves and then rubbed my eyes.
27. Dulce de leche -Mmmmmmmmmm....
28. Oysters - Only the smoked kinds in a tin. Stories of my dad eating them raw ("You don't even have to chew, Jenni! They just slide down." didn't exactly encourage me.
29. Baklava -One of my favorite desserts. And I make it often because I found a really awesome easy recipe that doesn't require brushing each and every phyllo leaf, and yet it is flaky and delicious.
30. Bagna cauda - It sounds weird but it's something I've always wanted to make. Salt cod dip, right? I've had the package of weirdly dry cod in my hands at least twice and then put it back out of fear.
31. Wasabi peas-snack yummy!
32. Clam chowder in a sourdough bowl - Where does one get this?
33. Salted lassi -there are so many things wrong with this. I love Indian food (see #14) but salted yogurt that is thin enough to drink and isn't a fruit smoothie. Shiverrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....
34. Sauerkraut - Duh. I'm from PA Dutch Country!! And I actually craved it when I was pregnant the first time. I used to eat a quart of it cold and listen to people wretch as they walked past the bakery door. Good times....
35. Root beer float - Another one of my favorites. I once drank two in a row at a soda shop with Shawn.
36. Cognac with a fat cigar - YUCK.
37. Clotted cream tea -Oh yes. And as I imbibe, I pretend I'm British.
38. Vodka jelly/Jell-O - Unfortunately yes.
39. Gumbo- Yes. But I do not dig the slimy okra. Sorry Louisianna.
40. Oxtail - No, but I'd like to . I'm an ass girl.
41. Curried goat - Again, I'd like to. There's a halal butcher in Allentown (Al Halal) that sells goat and I'm too intimidated to buy one. Plus, they're cute.
42. Whole insects-WHY?
43. Phaal - WHAT?
44. Goat’s milk -Yes. And no thanks to again.
45. Malt whisky from a bottle worth £60/$120 or more - Nope. But I do love the smell of it.
46. Fugu - I find life exciting enough without risking my life to eat something.
47. Chicken tikka masala -You bet!
48. Eel - Once. See number 100
49. Krispy Kreme original glazed doughnut - Can you believe it? No!
50. Sea urchin -No, but I'd do it if Anthony Bourdain was with me.
51. Prickly pear - nope
52. Umeboshi - Huh?
53. Abalone - Nope.
54. Paneer - LOVE the mutter paneer.
55. McDonald’s Big Mac Meal- I am proud to say no (not that the 100 cheeseburgers and fries I've eaten--before Supersize Me--wouldn't add up to a couple Big Macs...)
56. Spaetzle -Yum. I love starch in butter.
57. Dirty gin martini -Nope.
58. Beer above 8% ABV -Don't know what this means. But I love me some raspberry Belgian beer.
59. Poutine - I think not because I don't know what the hell it is and I'm too lazy to click on it.
60. Carob chips -Back in the day when--I kid you not--I baked for my college's co-op (yes, it was that kind of school) and made some pumpkin chip bread. Carob should be saved for "chocolate" dog treats.
61. S’mores - About a million!
62. Sweetbreads - Something that I'd like to try; see number 50.
63. Kaolin - Is this some kind of chemical?
64. Currywurst -That just looks made u.
65. Durian - Another Bourdain food! I really would like to try it but I fear its limburgerness.
66. Frogs’ legs - Don't see the reason to eat something so small. I don't even like chicken wings.
67. Beignets, churros, elephant ears or funnel cake --Yes, yes, yes and of course!
68. Haggis - No. But I think I would. Maybe. or not...
69. Fried plantain -yUM!
70. Chitterlings, or andouillette -I love soul food but not this.
71. Gazpacho - loads of times.
72. Caviar and blini - Another expensive food I don't "get." Some would say I haven't had the right kind. Not invested enough in things that are "an acquired taste."
73. Louche absinthe If this is the freaky green booze that Johnny Depp drinks in From Hell, I wanna try some! It's legal now but expensive and I'm disappointed to hear that it doesn't actually make you nuts.
74. Gjetost, or brunost - Sounds Scandinavian. Not sure.
75. Roadkill - Again, WHAT??
76. Baijiu - HUH?
77. Hostess Fruit Pie - One of my secret loves. The crust is so lard-like and it's covered in a sugar glaze. What's not to like?
78. Snail - I'd rather just eat a stick of butter and a clove of garlic.
79. Lapsang souchong - Too smoky!
80. Bellini - I'm sad to say no. Sounds yummy.
81. Tom yum - LOVE it. Second in line to pho.
82. Eggs Benedict - LOVELOVELOVE. I even like the diner kind with canned hollandaise.
83. Pocky - LOVE Pocky but am a purest. Regular chocolate is the best!
84. Tasting menu at a three-Michelin-star restaurant. nope.
85. Kobe beef - I'd rather get the massage than pay for my meat to have one.
86. Hare - no thanks.
87. Goulash -Yum!
88. Flowers - Duh. Ever eat broccoli?! I am toooo funny. (Sorry) Actually I like nasturtiums (nice and peppery) but anything else is just to pretty up a salad.
89. Horse - This is just wrong.
90. Criollo chocolate - No idea.
91. Spam -Loved it as a kid. Sunday breakfast staple, fried until crispy.
92. Soft shell crab - Tastiest insect ever!
93. Rose harissa - "Rose" should never be a flavoring.
94. Catfish -delicious bottom feeder. Don't eat it now that I know it's a bottom feeder.
95. Mole poblano
96. Bagel and lox-Yes, but I don't like it. I KNOW! When I got my Jew card it was one of the requirements for membership, but somehow I slipped right in.
97. Lobster Thermidor - I like my other favorite sea bug simple. Butter please.
98. Polenta -Better than mashed potatoes!
99. Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee -not a coffee drinker. Wish I was.
100. Snake - What a way to end this! Is that really necessary???