the gregarious homebody


Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Delicious AND Healthy


I was cruising around Blogland recently and found a great recipe for a delicious breakfast. Unfortunately I can't remember the blog, so I can't give credit. My apologies!


I'm usually not so good at eating a healthy, sustaining breakfast because all I want is a cup of tea and some toast if I have to eat right after I get up. Unfortunately, that usually means I'm starving later in the morning and grabbing at anything I can get my hands on. It requires some advance planning (hard for me sometimes!) because it has to sit overnight in the fridge, but it's worth it.


I've followed the original recipe exactly and I've altered it to my taste/refrigerator stock and it's delicious either way.


Oatmeal Yogurt

The night before, mix together

*4 ounces plain yogurt (especially good with Greek yogurt)

1 tablespoon honey

1/4 cup oatmeal

1/2 diced apple

Dash of cinnamon


Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. Enjoy!


*even works with Dannon Light and Fit. If you use vanilla-flavored, then skip the honey



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails